As well as full uniform, your Cub Scout will need the following kit for camps:
This list is for guidance only and is not necessarily a complete list. A kit list will be given out before each camp. A reasonable guide is one set of clothes for each day PLUS one more to cover getting wet or dirty. Your child is responsible for their own kit while at camp. All items must be marked clearly with your child’s name. NO plates, bowls, cups, knives, forks or spoons are required.
- Group Scarf (IMPORTANT – Cubs will be expected to wear this during waking hours)
- Rucksack or bag to carry kit in to and from camp
- Sleeping Bag
- Carry mat (NO air beds please as they take up too much room)
- Extra blanket
- Bedtime cuddly toy
- Warm nightwear
- Plimsolls or trainers
- Hiking boots or sturdy waterproof walking shoes
- Wellingtons (they can be useful on a wet camp)
- Trousers or tracksuit trousers
- Sweater or tracksuit top
- Toilet bag with soap, flannel, toothbrush and paste, comb
- Hand towel
- Effective waterproof clothing
- Sun hat and sun cream (we’re ever hopeful)
- Torch and spare batteries
- Any medicines required, labelled with your child’s name and details of dosage etc. (Parents hand to Camp First Aider on arrival).
- It will help if your child helps to pack his own kit, it is a badge requirement.
- Pay particular attention to where their torch, sleeping clothes and wash kit are located.
- All Cub Scouts are to arrive in full uniform
- Any medication is to be handed to a uniformed Cub Leader on arrival.
- All pocket money to be handed into a uniformed leader in a labelled envelope (unless already collected)
- Cub Scouts are to bring a packed lunch in a labelled disposable bag. Please do not include sweets/gum or fizzy drinks.
- No electronic devices (including mobile phones, computer games) or pocket/sheath knives. (They will be confiscated).